Browns Distribution is the fastest growing Warehousing, Distribution & Fulfilment service providers in Staffordshire, with a turnover in excess of £15m. Winning multiple industry awards and providing best in class services and IT systems, we have a very clear strategy to uphold our leading position. We aim to deliver the best service, use the best technology and recruit and retain the best people in the industry.
We require a new key player to join the senior management team in the capacity of Transport Operations Manager. We require a commercial thinker who is able to harness modern technology, implement industry best practises, implementing systems and procedures whilst inspiring and leading a skilled and well-established operations department consisting of General Haulage, Palletline Network and Customer Care.
As the Transport Operations Manager for our business, you will ideally have a degree in a relevant subject with previous experience in similar roles. We require an individual who has extensive experience of managing people and providing outstanding leadership across all facets of the Distribution and Transport Operation. You will have a natural ability of vehicle routing, costings and freight profiling as well as industry best practises.
Due to the existing operation it is essential the new Transport Operations Manager has a hands-on approach to the business. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of working on the front line, transport planning in a similar business and thoroughly understands a general haulage operation who has progressed through various roles to the senior position we are looking for today. You will be required to facilitate business growth whilst ensuring maximum productivity in all operational areas of Browns Distribution.
- To realise the objectives as laid out in our Strategic Business Plan
- Overall responsibility for the operational aspects of the business including o-License management, general haulage, Palletline network.
- Coaching, developing and leading the operational team to provide exceptional service to our customers
- Reviewing operations performance and ensuring delivery of key financial targets
- Development of the existing teams including talent mapping, motivating and personal development
- Provide cover in exceptional circumstances in the operations department
- Identify and develop new initiatives to provide enhanced profitability and commercial improvements across the business including backloading opportunities, synergies and trunking etc
- Create a culture of continuous improvement throughout the management team and employees
- Further improve and develop the ISO Systems throughout operations department
- Undertaking review of staffing levels and initiating the recruitment and performance management process
- Provide Weekly and Monthly KPI Reports to the Managing Director
- Drive business change to enhance and develop our infrastructure
- Have the ability to keep up with a changing load plan and make quick decisions
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent decision making skills, a high level of initiative and able to prioritise problem solve
- An excellent commercial understanding of vehicle costings and resource management
- A good ability to learn new IT Platforms and operate proficiently across various software
- Prior experience in a similar role is essential
- The ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Works well under pressure and is still able to inspire and lead a team of operators
- Excellent knowledge of the UK and major road networks
- Excellent Telephone Manner and Customer Service Skills
- The ability to work as part of an integral team
- Excellent time keeping, flexibility and attendance is required
- A Leader who embodies our values and consistently strives for excellence
- A creative and commercial thinker capable of delivering financial targets
- Innovative and passionate in the way you develop and deliver values to teams and personal development of staff
- Hold a current National CPC License
Your career history will clearly be able to demonstrate success within a similar role where you can evidence how you understood managing a general haulage, pallet network operation and customer care.
We expect you to have
- High levels of personal integrity
- A proven track record of great leadership within a team
- An ability to manage your time effectively to meet targets and deadlines
- Resilience to your role and able to work under pressure on the front line
Your package will include an excellent basic salary plus performance commission tied to pallet space sold within the available infrastructure.
If you feel as though you have the drive and ambition to succeed, and would like to join an award-winning team whilst working within a fast growing business please apply today.
- Title: Transport Operations Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- Position Reports to: The Managing Director
- Salary: Excellent Basic Salary + Performance Comission
- Hours of Work: Day Shift
Job position posted by David Brown Jnr.