We are currently seeking a Skilled Transport Shift Operator/Planner to work within our busy Operations, primarily working in the general haulage and Palletline departments. You will be assisting the day to day operations looking after customers and dealing with transport requests whilst liaising with drivers.
The successful applicant will enjoy a great starting salary and a progressive career with excellent financial rewards throughout.
- Answering inbound calls to the business and dealing with requests
- Planning vehicles around requests, challenges and changes
- Monitoring customer requests, allocating jobs and issuing instructions
- Keeping up to date with transport issues and dealing with changes to the days schedules
- Communicate fleet availability and issues to the whole team
- Liaising with hauliers, drivers and colleagues to ensure on time deliveries
- Pre-brief and de-brief drivers on their daily runs throughout the day
- Record collection/delivery status and discrepancies in systems and escalate where appropriate
- Troubleshooting critical transport related issues as they arise in a live environment
Previous Experience with:
- Working in a busy transport operation
- Planning routes for a large fleet
- Working with online platforms
- Taking ownership of issues
- Issue resolution
Your career history will clearly be able to demonstrate success within a similar role where you can evidence how you managed a general haulage fleet with day to day issues.
We expect you to have:
- Have a dynamic approach to solve resource and planning resolution/ modifications
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Office/Outlook/Teams
- Have a basic understanding of Large Goods Vehicles (weights, dimensions and terminology)
- A good geographic knowledge
- A proactive approach to continual professional development
- An excellent team player, able to work on own initiative and make decisions
- An effective communicator
- A positive attitude towards customer service and continuous improvement
- Ability to question, challenge and improve upon existing processes
If you feel as though you have the drive and ambition to succeed, and would like to join an award winning team whilst working within a fast growing warehousing and fulfilment business please apply today by sending us your CV and cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,000.00 - £30,000.00 per year
Job position posted by Laura Dono.