Kyle Kirkham - Warehouse to Wheels
Following the huge success of our first Warehouse to Wheels programme last year, we're thrilled to be relaunching the programme!
Kyle Kirkham is our second recruit to work his way from the warehouse, all the way through to driving his new wheels.
Since starting with us just two weeks ago, he has already passed his hazard perception and theory test, so he's well on the way to his Class C+E licence!
We spoke to Kyle to find out more about his experience so far and where his passion for driving started.
- "The experience so far has been great. The lads in the warehouse made me feel really welcome when I joined. Mark and Luke have been really supportive too."
- "Driving has always been in the family. My stepdad has been a Class 1 driver at Browns for a few years now. He's the one that recommended the Warehouse to Wheels program to me"
Kyle then revealed that driving hasn't always been at the top of his career list.
- "I was a glass blower before coming to Browns, but when my daughter arrived, I decided to look for a career with a bit more scope and progression - Browns seemed like the perfect fit"
Over the next few weeks, Kyle will move from the warehouse to the van, offering support to our local delivery fleet. He will then be paired with a mentor from our Class 2 fleet to learn the ropes of day-to-day collections and deliveries.
We spoke to Driver Welfare & Training Manager, Mark, to get his comments on Kyle’s progress so far.
- "I chose Kyle to enter the programme because he had already proven his commitment to becoming an LGV driver by obtaining his digital tachograph card and passing his theory tests before joining us."
- "So far, Kyle’s shown great enthusiasm with all of the tasks he’s completed and both myself and the team can’t wait to see him with his certificate in hand."
Let us conclude by saying welcome to the team, Kyle, and good luck with all of your tests! We're looking forward to seeing you on the road driving your new wheels in the next few months!